PDA

View Full Version : So I'm actually missing

ArmsOfLove
03-17-2005, 12:46 PM
cleaning my house :wow :spit

And I'm enjoying every chance I get to do something productive and cleaning-like. Today the babies are one month past their 40 week due date and they've been awake a bit more and interactive, and I've gotten more done (interesting how I start having a desire to do more just in time for them to be ready for me to ;) ).

DH left me all of the dishes done except a couple of things so after washing them I was able to clean the living room, fold and put away (kind of ;) ) laundry, make lunch for everyone, and there's a completed lasagna for dinner that is aromatically filling my home right now :yum I feel so productive :highfive

So what have you done today? Inspire me :)

cklewis
03-17-2005, 01:04 PM
Ah, I know this will inspire you. :P

Camille's Day

Nursed DS
Identified eyes, ears, teeth, fan
Changed pants
Found DH in potty
Sat on couch and discussed how dirty the house is with DH
Ate b-fast
Made fun of crazy St. Patty's Day people on the Today Show
Programmed ASP query for DH while they snuggled
Came upstairs to "fold laundry." Actually came here and messed around.
Nursed DS to sleep
Cleaned upstairs a tad. Horsed around here.
Threw more clothes in the wash. Washed dishes. Pushed laundry into a neat pile.
Nursed DS back to sleep. Stepped over laundry once.
Brought DS downstairs. Watched DH pull out hair over asp query. Tried to put DS down. Distracted DH from programming long enough to put laundry in drier.
Asked DH if I should fold laundry or make lunch. He said make lunch.
Warmed up three sets of leftovers. Mine was gross -- dairy free tacos.
DH showered with DS while I actually cleaned the kitchen. Gave laundry another spin in the drier.
Now I'm drinking coffee while bfing the Milk Monster. Next step -- folding laundry!

C

Piper2
03-17-2005, 01:07 PM
Would it inspire you to tell you that you've already done WAY more than I have today, and I only have one child? ;)

I started FlyLady last month and am taking baby, baby steps. I did get my bed made and did my "swish & swipe" in our one working bathroom this morning (for the 18th day in a row! :D) and shined my sink last night for the 38th night in a row. I gave Kevin his breakfast this morning, and DH came home for lunch and they had some crackers and cream cheese together (Kevin's not much of a lunch-eater, anyway). In a little while, I'm going to put a few dirty dishes in the dishwasher, give Kevin a bath, and then take a shower myself. Tonight we're going to the health club and are picking up Subway for dinner on the way home. And I'll make sure to shine my sink before I go to bed tonight so I can give myself a sticker on the calendar! :O

One thing that's helped me lately is using a timer because I honestly had NO idea that most jobs around the house can be done in 15 minutes or less. Seriously, I never knew it was possible to unload, put away dishes, and reload the dishwasher, rinse and dry the sink and sometimes even clear the kitchen table in less than 15 minutes! I honestly thought it took at least a half hour! :doh Kevin and I have cleaned and vacuumed the living room in 15 minutes, straightened his room in 10 and the sunroom in less than 5!

DogwoodMama
03-17-2005, 01:21 PM
Woke up, dd immediately off and running, chased her downstairs
Made breakfast for me & dd
Got dressed & ready for day
Changed poppy dipe #1
Laundry- started diapers
Made coffee & unloaded dishawsher while dd played
Got on 'puter while dd nursed
For an hour or so piddled around LR cleaning, playing with dd & reading here
DD undressed herself
Put dd in sling & did more laundry & swept stairs to basement/basement
Cleaned our Shark floor sweeper (kitty litter dust) abd used to clean floor
DD takes short nap before lunch
Fixed lunch- cheese toast & kiwi for both of us :)
Chase dd around to get ready to go to Trader Joe's (you'll get a ballon! ballon! :D
Went to TJ's
Came home, unloaded groceries
Ate some gingerbread cake
Played with dd & her ballon, took pictures b/c she was cute
Cleaned up dd's room while she played in bathroom sink
Changed poopy diaper #2
Started cleaning bathroom until I heard "waahhhhh"
Found dd on floor- apparently she face planted, there was some blood :(
Consoled dd, came to computer to nurse & hopefully dd will nap soon

And for the record, my house is a disaster! I feel like I'm cleaning in circles these days, dd runs around un-doing almost everything immediately! :rolleyes Oh, and it gets redundant to keep typing, but I pop on here at intervals to see if there are new posts.

OK, not ready to nap I guess, she's off again. :( *sigh*

crunchymum
03-17-2005, 01:35 PM
:mrgreen camille!

lisa, good job with fly lady! i jump in and out.... it's better when i'm in, but you know me and my "rebel against the routine" self! :rolleyes working on that....

today after i checked on here, i felt overwhelmed at the state of affairs in my house, so i set the timer for 5 min. and did a 'room rescue' in each room... 5 min. each. then, i set my timer for 15 min., and did 15 min. in each room util my timer fell off the fridge and i couldn't find the back peice OR another battery... :banghead anyway, i'm always amazed at how much i feel like i accomplish when i use the timer. it's weird.

my house looks pretty decent at the moment, then again, ds is sleeping....ask me again in about 2 hours.

jmh1013
03-20-2005, 05:19 PM
Should I know what fly lady is? :shrug

Kasi
03-20-2005, 05:22 PM
Jen...You can read about Flylady here (http://www.flylady.net).

greenemama
03-20-2005, 07:01 PM
i'm inspired by you, crystal. i know what you mean about laying around "too much" and wanting to get up and at it. :heart

we went to church. i poked around online. i swished dipes that had been piling up in the bathroom corner :sick in the toilet and washed them in the washing machine. :sick

i vacuumed a sand pile that fell out of henry's boots onto the floor next to our bed two nights ago. so lazy lately! :sick

then i vac'd the entire room, put away a huge pile of folded laundry from last week, changed the sheets, opened a window and let the room air out. :clap :clap

i went outside and poked around in the dirt near the house while henry gathered sticks. :)

dh vac'd the rest of the house including up the stairs which is the worst vacuuming spot. :hearts

i cleaned the kitchen. :eek

i bathed my children, fed them and put them in bed early. :highfive

i'm making coffee and planning on jamming on dh's new midi-controller in his studio tonight. :cool

Miss Priss
03-20-2005, 09:02 PM
Doubt this will inspire you, but I'll tell you what I did today... :lol
Picked out the bubby's church clothes, got the girls ready, got myself ready and went...we went out for lunch... came home and got started cleaning kitchen then about passed out from exhaustion. Took a rest, then finished kitchen, then went upstairs and the whole family cleaned everyone's bedrooms. I stayed up and vaccuumed, then got really wore out so came down to rest again. Dh cooked supper, then cleaned the kitchen, now I'm on the board.
Not eating much last week/over the weekend with the stomach virus has really gotten me tuckered out. I still feel ridiculously weak.

Radosny Matka
03-21-2005, 08:08 PM
I can totally relate. I feel so much better when I get something done - even if it's just unloading the dishwasher. ;)

TestifyToLove
03-21-2005, 09:35 PM
Hmm. Got up and took the children for a walk this morning.

We discussed storm shelters, evergreens (a favorite of A's still as they don't exist in the tropics) and why moths prefer to cocoon on evergreens, rabbits, landlord responsibilities in meeting the needs of tenants and why our town only has sidewalks on half the streets (all the sidewalks lead to the elementary school here).

Got home, did school, lots of it actually.

Straightened the living room for the first time. Fell asleep while A read from his Pathway Reader (yeah embarassing, let me tell you).

Did more school.

Worked on a menu and grocery list while the children played in the backyard.

Cleaned the living room again (and you can't tell at this point).

Convinced the kids to clean their bedrooms (told them they were welcome to keep anything they put away, and I would give the rest to Goodwill).

And, now I'm about to turn in because day will come again too soon!