PDA

View Full Version : Digital Scrapbooking?

2sunshines
03-16-2005, 12:43 PM
Anyone here do digital scrapbooking?

I just started.

I know that we started a thread like this on the old board before it went down, but I can't remember who answered... :blush

godsgracegiven
03-16-2005, 12:52 PM
What is it? is there a link? Sounds fun. :)

2sunshines
03-16-2005, 12:54 PM
It is pretty cool. I've done one book with it so far and I love it!!!

This is where I was first introduced to it: http://www.scrapbook-bytes.com

godsgracegiven
03-17-2005, 02:14 AM
Thank you, I didn't get to look much, but what I did see looked fun. Can I play!! :) :mrgreen

2sunshines
03-17-2005, 06:15 AM
Most definitely!!! I'd love to find a group of people who are doing digital scrapbooking. We could share ideas and files and background and clipart, etc. that we find.

godsgracegiven
03-18-2005, 02:29 AM
Cool, I am in then. :)

Punkie
03-18-2005, 08:10 PM
I've been thinking about starting this. I already do something very similar on a website that we have for our family to see, but its not in an easily printable format. Thanks for posting the link!

godsgracegiven
03-19-2005, 02:54 AM
Bummer, I have not even got to look at the whole site yet. I hope I get to this weekend.

Allison
03-19-2005, 03:32 PM
I love scrap-book bytes! I have SO many downloads from there. I am trying to organise them all now, but it keeps shutting my computer down!!

Meli
03-19-2005, 08:04 PM
I've been thinking about trying this too. What sort of software do you need though? The only photo editing program I have is Photostudio2000 and it seems a bit "clunky". Can you get any decent ones free or as a demo?

boonpnutsmom
03-20-2005, 09:07 PM
I have a program that I have found to be really fun.... it's called.... Creating Keepsakes Scrapbook Designer Deluxe, it's by Broderbund. I haven't made too many things yet but what I have made I really enjoy.

sylvi76
03-21-2005, 01:53 PM
Count me in! I have tons of digital pics I need to organize and print out and make scrapbooks out of.

Granola Mom
03-24-2005, 02:02 PM
I am now hooked thanks to the link you provided! I spent the entire naptime downloading! :laughtears I hope to join all of you in this new hobby of mine!

Lydia

DogwoodMama
03-25-2005, 03:46 PM
I just bought a magazine "Digital Scrapbooking 3" and signed up at scrapbook-bytes.com. Now I have to figure out how to do it! How did everyone get started? Is there like a step-by-step guide anywhere?

2sunshines
03-28-2005, 09:41 AM
Great, it looks like we have a good bunch of us here who are doing digital scrapbooking!

I'm excited.

I was thinking that we should share elements and ideas that we come up with.

If anyone is working on a particular page and needs ideas or elements or anything, post it here and I'm in for helping each other!!!

DogwoodMama
03-28-2005, 09:45 AM
Good idea! :)

I want to see some of your layouts though! :)

2sunshines
03-30-2005, 06:29 AM
Oh man, I'm just as much of a novice as the rest of you.

I just discovered the webpage when I posted the question.

See, I jump into everything with two feet. :mrgreen

But I don't mind sharing what I've done.

nomadic_mama
03-30-2005, 08:52 AM
I've been wanting to do this too! My mom said her friend did one that she emailed her pages into a company and they printed them out on quality paper then bound the book and shipped it to her. I'm not sure the cost but I'm thinking it may even out after adding up the paper and ink not to mention my printer doesn't always produce great photos.
What sort of programs do you all use?

2sunshines
03-30-2005, 09:39 AM
I use Microsoft Digital Image Pro 9, just because I had it and it works great for this.

I figure that, like you said, even if I get everything professionally printed, I may even be at the same place as I was when I did traditional paper scrapbooking (financially). The cost of paper scrapbooking adds up rather quickly... :shifty

Let me know if you find a company that will print and bind a scrapbook. That sounds really cool.

Granola Mom
03-30-2005, 07:33 PM
It looks like Kinkos would be a good place to start researching binding costs and whatnot. They don't list prices and it doesn't look like the fanciest binding but here's a link I found:

http://www.fedex.com/us/officeprint/storesvcs/copyprint/finishing.html?link=4

2sunshines
03-31-2005, 09:35 AM
Oooh, having it laminated would be kind of cool.

DogwoodMama
03-31-2005, 09:44 AM
Oh, my dh just bought Photoshop Elements 3.0, and it has GREAT organizational tools for pictures and scrapbook elements... you can "tag" things, and then search for them in that way... and you can put more than one tag on them too! He is spending WAY too much time organizing our photos now (we have 2000 plus digital photos! :eek)... he was up until almost 1 a.m. doing it last night! He's supposed to help me organize the stuff I've downloaded from scrapbook bytes.

Did I post before that mpix.com is a good place to get Scrapbook layouts printed? As soon as I do a few I'm going to try them. :)

nomadic_mama
03-31-2005, 10:41 AM
I got the name of the company that will print and and bind the book. snapfish.com. I'm not sure what it will end up lookig like but thought I'd share the resource.