PDA

View Full Version : strange noise coming from refrigerator

ArmsOfLove
03-16-2005, 09:41 AM
Every so often this HORRID noise emits from our refrigerator. I'm thinking maybe the motor is going out??? Any experience with this? Anyone?

thankfully we have a home warranty that covers appliances that we bought with the house--including the fridge. But then I am wondering if I need to call now to have it serviced or if I need to wait until it goes out :/

I think I need to call and find out.

Mama Calidad
03-16-2005, 09:52 AM
Our experience was different, but you can't go wrong trying the solution that worked in our case.

We had an electrical storm that knocked out our fridge. It just stopped cooling. :shrug We prayed about it and it started working fine again. :clap Renee was a baby when that happened...and the fridge is still working fine (although it's unplugged right now and INO a new owner, because we recently got a bigger fridge).

Anywho, you can never go wrong with prayer. :hug

ArmsOfLove
03-16-2005, 10:41 AM
Thanks for that, Laura :) That's what we've been doing so far :tu Hey, it fixed our van one time! :car

godsgracegiven
03-17-2005, 02:21 AM
Dh knows a little about refrigerators, I will ask him tonight. We have had the same refrigerator for 8-9 years, and it make noises at night, but has never gave us a problem. Now the water heater that's another story...lol :)

righteous mama
03-17-2005, 05:14 PM
Crystal, it might help to clean out the fridge every once and awhile. That noise may be some vegan cheese that sprouted legs and is trying to get out! ;) I'm teasing, of course! :mrgreen

I know nothing of refridgerators except to stick food in and take it out.

ArmsOfLove
03-17-2005, 05:20 PM
OMGOSH that is hysterical :spit :laughtears :laughtears :laughtears

it actually started after I cleaned it out--I think it's lonely and is crying out for attention ;)

righteous mama
03-17-2005, 05:20 PM
Aaaah, makes sense. ;)

godsgracegiven
03-18-2005, 04:46 PM
Crystal, dh said that he would wait intell it goes out on it own, but that it might be cheaper to get a new refrigerator. It is the same for us with our water heater. So we are praying that the Lord will hold our water heater together in we can get another...so ITU, I'll be praying for your refrigerator too. :)

ArmsOfLove
03-18-2005, 05:17 PM
thankfully our warranty on the house covers appliances and it's $45 and if they can't fix it they have to replace it. I'm so glad we renewed the warranty! thank your dh for the info :)

godsgracegiven
03-19-2005, 02:59 AM
:doh I forgot about the warranty, it helps if I re-read your OP. :lol Sorry, I am praying though. It is good you renewed your warranty, cause my sister desided not to renew hers and a month after her warranty expired her dishwasher, washer and dryer all went out...go figure, huh!? :rolleyes

jghomeschooler
03-20-2005, 08:52 PM
oh, well it must be empty so it's like when your stomach growls right? don't get too close too it when it's making those noises, we might never hear from you again! :eek
Jenn

ArmsOfLove
03-20-2005, 08:54 PM
:spit

and we definately renewed--our house was built in 1942 and we are not taking the risk on something going wrong and not having a warranty. We've used it 3 times already! and I need to actually call this week :doh

MamaJayne
03-20-2005, 08:57 PM
Did you try toe Fonzie method of smacking it when it makes the noise? Sounds wierd, but that fixes the noise that my dishwasher makes during the rinse cycle.

but maybe you are nonpunatively using your appliances... :mrgreen

ArmsOfLove
03-20-2005, 09:02 PM
I reflected its feelings but it didn't seem to appreciate it :think I just don't understand :hissyfit

righteous mama
03-20-2005, 09:02 PM
:laughtears